It is a versatile and almost no-maintenance plant that is able to grow in every indoor and outdoor condition possible with little help and care. This dark green plant can be grown inside or outside, in a pot as a table plant or as a tree in a garden.
Since parlour likes high ambient moisture levels, daily misting of parlour house plants are recommended. Place the parlour where it can get direct natural lighting if possible. Most indoor parlour cannot retain all their foliage and some leaf drop is to be expected.
Follow fertilizing directions for the size container you have. A good potting soil, mixed with perlite for drainage works great. Just keep a check on the soil and allow it to dry out between watering. Parlour likes water but loves drainage.
Do not leave your containers of parlour outside during the winter months and expect it to live. In cold climate zones, you must move the container into a protected warm area during the cold winter months.
|Common Name||Neanthe Bella palm|
|Height Specification||5 to 10 Feet|
Care for Chamaedorea Elegans
- After your parlour palm has had time to establish itself you can move it into a shady spot or an area with indirect sun.
- The care is fairly simple, just water your plants when the soil becomes dry.
- Using a palm fertilizer is a good idea, but you should wait with newly planted palms for at least two months.
- Mites can be an issue with palms so keep an eye on the undersides of the leaves.
- If you notice mites, simply wash the leaves carefully in warm water with mild soap.
- Do this periodically until the mites are gone.
- Also, remove brown and damaged leaves regularly.