Naturally sweet tasting and the best resistance to attack from carrot root fly. This variety has smooth-skinned, blunt ended roots, that are a rich orange colour throughout.
About Carrot Red Long
You can grow carrots all year round and they are so simple! Just sow carrot seed regularly for a year-round crop.
Carrots are an easy and rewarding crop to grow, great for encouraging children to eat their vegetables! With so many varieties of this popular vegetable available, carrots can be grown in beds, containers and even window boxes making them suitable for gardens of any size. Carrots are a popular root vegetable that is easy to grow in sandy soil. They are resistant to most pests and diseases and are a good late season crop that can tolerate frost. Not all carrots are orange; varieties vary in color like purple, black to white.
Planting And Care
- Try to sow as close as you can to the correct spacing to avoid too much thinning
- Avoid over-watering
- Water when the soil feels dry to touch
- Look for root borer or other pest attack and go for organic at first
Carrot Red Long Care
- Sow your carrot seeds in shallow drills about 2cm deep
- Spacing for carrots is 3-4cm between plants and 20-25cm between rows
- They should start to pop their heads above the ground in approx 17 days