Amaryllis is the only genus in the subtribe Amaryllidinae (tribe Amaryllideae).
Growing & Care :
- Select the largest bulbs available for the desired plant variety as they will produce more stalks and blooms the first year. The larger the bulb, the more flowers it will have.
- Bulbs should be firm and dry with no signs of mold, decay or injury.
- It is common to see new growth (leaves, buds) emerging from bare or planted bulbs.
- Choose bulbs with bright green new growth and without spots or visible damage.
- Some bulbs may have an offshoot growing from its base. This will eventually grow into a new bulb and can be removed and planted separately.